Schedule of Meetings & Events
The hotel is now taking reservations!
Click here to book your hotel room for Convention!
Subject to change without notice
Tuesday, June 20
0700-1630 -- Marinette Trip (LCS ship building)/Lambeau Field (Optional Tour)
Minimum 20 / maximum 35 guests (deadline June 1st).
- Join Navy League members and their guests for an exciting day in Northern Wisconsin. Tour the shipyard at Marinette Marine, see our LCS ships from the first stage of building to the last. Chance of a lifetime to experience this up close and personal. From here we grab a box lunch and head to Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers! Private tour of Lambeau Field with a quick stop at the Pro Shop to bring home some Packers treasurers!
- Cost $75 per person (all inclusive).
7:00am Pick up from Hyatt Hotel
10:00am Tour of Marinette Marine
12:00pm Box lunch, drive to Lambeau Field
1:00pm Tour of Lambeau Field (short stop at the Pro Shop)
2:30pm Depart of Milwaukee
4:30pm Arrive at Hyatt
1000-1800 -- Registration opens
1800 -- Night at the Ballpark -- Milwaukee Brewers v. Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Game
Must be booked by May 15th to secure this block of tickets.
- Join us for a fun evening at Miller Park to see the Brewers take on the Pittsburg Pirates. Miller Park is rated one of the best stadiums in the country! Rain or shine with our retractable roof the game goes on. One of our own will throw out the first pitch, another singing the National Anthem and yet another group will be doing the Color Guard. Seats will be in the Loge section.
- Game starts at 6:40pm.
- Cost $25 per person (game ticket in our block)
- Transportation will be on your own. 10-15 minute cab ride away…..share a cab and head over.
Wednesday, June 21
0900-1700 -- Committee Meetings
1000-1400 -- Spouses/Guests Luncheon - Milwaukee Tour.
Tour the Pabst Mansion, visit a special church and have lunch. Minimum number to hold the tour is 10 people. The capacity is 28 people. Transportation is included.
- Join fellow spouses on a welcome tour of Milwaukee! Our day will include a tour of the historic home of Captain Frederick Pabst, Milwaukee Beer Baron, a leisurely luncheon and tour of the Wisconsin Club, ending with a tour of the beautiful Basilica of St. Josaphat. The Wisconsin Club is now a private club that was built in 1848 as the home for General Billy Mitchell grandfather. Transportation, narrated city tour, entry at Pabst Mansion and Basilica of St. Josaphat, and lunch included.
- Price : $75 per person
9:30 am Pick up at Hyatt Hotel, City Tour begins
10:00 am Pabst Mansion Tour
11:30 am Lunch at the Wisconsin Club
1:30 pm Tour of Basilica of St. Josaphat
3:00 pm Return to the Hyatt Hotel
1800-2000 -- Welcome Aboard Reception
- WELCOME ABOARD! Join us as we kick off our 2017 Milwaukee Convention with a toast from National President Skip Witunski and Executive Director Cari Thomas. This highly-attended event jumpstarts convention as Navy Leaguers network and enjoy heavy hors d’oeuvres and entertainment.
- Price: $75 per person
Thursday, June 22
0730-0900 -- Council Presidents’ Breakfast
- Back by request, we will be holding our complimentary breakfast for Council President’s followed by a roundtable discussion where we will share successes and challenges within councils.
0900-1130 -- Educational Sessions
1215-1400 -- Hall of Fame Luncheon
- The Hall of Fame Luncheon recognizes Navy Leaguers and councils who have made significant contributions to the organization over the past year. Awards include the Distinguished Service Award, Council Awards, President’s Awards, top individual recruiter and more!
- Price: $75 per person
1400-1700 – Historical Boat Ride
Minimum number to hold the tour is 10 people. The capacity is 28 people.
- Take a boat ride on the Milwaukee River while weaving through downtown. You won’t want to miss this unique opportunity to see Milwaukee from the water on a narrated sightseeing tour.
- Price: $30 per person (transportation to/from included along with sightseeing boat admission cost)
1:30 pm Pick up at Hyatt Hotel
2:00 pm Boat Ride (90 minutes)
3:30 pm Return to Hyatt Hotel
1430-1700 -- Educational Sessions
1700-2000 -- Nominating Committee (CLOSED)
1800-2100 -- Dine Around - take advantage of one of three options (All tours will depart Hyatt Hotel. Each is a 3-hour tour):
- Walker’s Point: Enjoy a unique collection of restaurants in the shadow of the Rockwell Automation clock tower (Polish Moon) with a Walker’s Point Dine Around BUS tour. We’ll begin with a cheese tasting and mini tour at Clock Shadow Creamery, enjoy a pre-dinner cocktails at Great Lakes Distillery, appetizers at Iron Horse Hotel, an entrée at a trendy new location, and ice cream at Purple Door Ice Cream.
Maximum 28 (Minimum 15)
Price: $85 per person
- Pizza Bus: Join us as we search for the most historic pies and tomato goodness with visits to three pizzerias and a gelato shop on the famous Milwaukee Pizza Bus tour! Pizza trivia and Milwaukee history /sightseeing shared in route via bus to show off the city too!
Maximum 28 (Minimum 15)
Price: $60 per person
- Old World 3rd Street: Eat, drink and schlemiel, schlimazel your way into an authentic German restaurant as well as newer establishments along the RiverWalk. On this easy and slow-paced 1.5 mile walking tour departing from the Hyatt Hotel, we’ll tell you the story of this German-settled area and visit a variety of dining stops to taste the likes or cheese, sausage, beer, sauerbraten, and more.
Maximum 28 (Minimum of 8)
Price: $50 per person
Friday, June 23
0800-0915 -- Council Presidents: Turning Lessons into Council Practices
0800-0920 -- Area Presidents’ Meeting
0930-1130 -- Sea Services Panel
1000-1700 -- STEM
1145-1330 -- Sea Services Luncheon and Awards
- You will not want to miss our Sea Services Luncheon and Awards where we will honor sea service members with various awards who exhibit outstanding leadership, have made significant personal contributions to the forces, and hold high professional and personal competence.
- Price: $75
1400-1600 -- Beer Barons of Milwaukee
Beer Baron Guided Bus Tour with a tour of the Lake Front Brewery. Minimum number to hold the tour is 10 people. The capacity is 28 people.
- Get an authentic taste of Milwaukee on this bus tour designed to highlight Milwaukee’s beer baron past with a historical drive through Miller Valley, cruise through the revitalized developments of the former Pabst, Blatz and Schlitz complexed, and enjoy a lively, guided Lakefront Brewery tour. Guided tour, transportation, and two samplings of beer and a souvenir glass included in the inclusive price.
- Price: $28 per person
1:30 Depart Hyatt Hotel City tour with Beer History thru Miller Valley Lakefront Brewery Fun Tour 4:30 Arrive Back at Hyatt Hotel
1800-2030 -- An Evening by the Lake
Deadline June 1st (minimum 50)
- Get ready for a special reception on our amazing lakefront. Transportation will be provided to and from Discovery World/Pier Wisconsin. Join us as we enjoy the views of both the city and lakefront. We will be enjoying small plates, appetizers, entertainment and a cash bar. This event will be hosted by generous sponsors from our great city.
- Our city is blessed to have Milwaukee VA Fisher House located on our VA Grounds, to serve our veterans and active duty service men and women when they need us most. We are so excited you have chosen Milwaukee for the site of the 2017 NLUS Convention and would ask each of you to help us support our local Fisher House. Our goal is to have everyone attending this event donate $25 that will go directly to the Milwaukee VA Fisher House. We will have representation from the Fischer House to meet all of you and thank you personally.
- Price $25 Checks made out to the Fisher House of Milwaukee
6:00pm Depart Hyatt Hotel – buses will run back to back
8:30pm Depart Discovery World/Pier WI – buses will run till 9:00pm
Saturday, June 24
0800-0920 -- Proxy Committee
0930-1130 -- Board of Directors Meeting
1000-1500 -- Hop On / Hop Off
Unlimited capacity – No minimum
- Explore Milwaukee at your own pace on Milwaukee’s premier city sightseeing tour. Hop-on the bus at the Hyatt at :11 minutes after each hour (10 am – 3 pm) and hop-on/off at any scheduled stop to visit Milwaukee’s most popular attractions. Use the tour to visit key neighborhoods such as Brady Street, Walker’s Point, Historic Third Ward, and key attractions including the Milwaukee Public Market, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley-Davidson Museum, and more. Complete route map and 11 pick-up points can be most easily viewed at www.milwaukeecitytours.com.
Price: $25 (pay on the bus)
1330-1430 -- Annual Meeting of Members
1445-1545 -- NEW Board of Directors Meeting
1730-1830 -- President’s Circle Reception
1830-2130 -- Closing Reception and Dinner
- Join fellow Navy Leaguers for an unforgettable evening as Emcee Bobby Ferguson leads the charge to toast and roast our outgoing National President Skip Witunski at our closing reception and dinner.
- Price: $110
- 8:30pm Depart Discovery World/Pier WI – buses will run till 9:00pm